• All Working Days: 9:30 AM – 4:20 PM
Book Transaction Timings
• All Working Days: 9:30 AM – 4:20 PM.
The Central Library of the college is well furnished and well equipped with the carpet area of 800 Sq.mts., which can accommodate about 250 students. The library caters to the need of more than 1600 students, teachers, non-teaching staff and research scholars for various departments. It ensures support and aids with books and electronic resources for teaching, research and extension programs. The books are arranged and classified according to the Dewey Decimal Classification Scheme. All faculty and students are the members of the library.
The Central Library is equipped with 29000 volumes of books in various Engineering disciplines and is continuously being strengthened by adding new technical literature in the form of periodicals, encyclopedias, Text books, Reference books, national and international journals. The Library uses the Easy Library Software package which is an integrated multi-user Library management system that facilitates all in-house operations of the library. The package consists of modules on Acquisition, Circulation, Serials, Article indexing and OPAC Retrospective Conversion of bibliographic records. The Data base of books available in the library is being updated on day-to-day basis with details of recently acquired.
The Digital Library has 20 systems provides services like on-line Journals/magazines, open course ware, open access Journals, Subject and magazine compact discs and Internet facility. It provides more than 1562 e-books, e-databases, previous question papers and Project Reports.
Rules and Regulations
The library rules and regulations are stipulated to regularize the use of the library information resources and will be reviewed periodically to meet the changing needs of the users.
• The library users should possess their ID card while they are inside the library.
• Books will be issued only on production of Bar-coded ID card.
• Strict silence should be maintained in the library.
• Cell Phones are strictly prohibited.
• Personal belongings like files, folders, bags, jerkins, umbrella, issued books etc are not allowed inside the library. They should be kept on the rack provided at the entrance of the library.
• For the benefit of users, Open Access System is maintained in the library. The books, current journals, back volumes taken out the racks should be replaced in their proper place after reference.
• The books taken from the library are to be returned within 15 days or on or before the due date specified on the due date slip pasted in the back page of the books
• All UG and PG students are eligible to take 3 books. The students who scored more than 70% in their semester exam are eligible to take one more book with the Merit Card provided in the library.
• Library Card must be returned to the Library when the student leaves the college at the completion of the course.
• Duplicate Card will be issued against the card is lost. The member shall be responsible for any book issued against their lost card.
• Members are advised to check the book condition while borrow the book, if you found any tearing/paper missing, underlining, damage etc to be informed to the staff on duty.
• Every book will be verified when it is returned, if any book is found to be marked, spoiled or damaged the borrower should required to replace the book with a new copy or pay double the cost of the book.
• Reference books, CD’s, DVD’s, Project Reports, Back Volumes and Periodicals will not be issued for home reading. They are to be referred inside the library only.
• Users are allowed to take the photocopies of the required articles. Photocopying of full book is not permitted.
• Librarian may recall any book at any time if the book is in demand.
• The librarian reserves the right to cancel the membership of any member found misbehaving, abusing the library staff or behaving in an indecent manner.